Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA)
NexNet Solutions offers the best of breed technology in providing Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) solution to address today’s increasingly complex and distributed networks and the growing subscriber bases they serve.
AAA (Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting) is a core operational and business requirement for all types of Service Providers deploying advanced data applications across a multitude of networks. Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) are business-critical functions within Service Provider networks. They’re keys to improving the subscriber experience and essential to supporting data services growth and new opportunities in fixed-mobile convergence. But not just any AAA will do.
Our AAA solution is the answer to the aggressive and ever-growing access control, service delivery, and accounting requirements of carriers, service providers, and wireless operators. Our AAA will centrally manage the authentication of Service Provider’s subscribers, authorizes them for appropriate level of service, and ensures reliable counting of their usage.
NexNet Solutions’ authentication authorization and accounting solution comes in a single-platform, multi-protocol support for the authentication, authorization, and accounting of services plus the definition of rules and policies per subscriber across all access types and infrastructures: Dial up, DSL, Cable, CDMA2000 1x, EV-DO, UMTS, and WiMAX.
Features and Benefits:
- Flexible Authentication Methods – authenticates remote usernames and passwords against a wide range of authentication databases to ensure compatibility with your network.
LDAP-Based Authentication – Support for authentication against subscriber credentials stored in LDAP directories is provided. You may have multiple LDAP servers deployed to look into load balancing and failover scenarios.
- Supports authentication against credentials stored in SQL databases from Oracle and any rich set ofODBC2.0-compliant databases (Oracle, MySQL, and MS-SQL Server).
- authenticates users based on the type of service.
- Authentication based on a group of customers too is supported.
- The subscribers can also be authenticated based on their access source.
Credit-Based Authentication – Customer may authenticate subscribers based on their Credit Limit using the Credit Limit attribute in LDAP or the database. The authentication will succeed only if the subscriber has credit balance.
PAP/CHAP and EAP Support – Supports PAP/ CHAP protocols for authentication through LDAP, database and users file.
- Authentication Real Time Accounting – offers a scalable carrier-grade platform to handle thousands of accounting requests per second in real time, on suitable hardware, and caters to the busiest of networks. It’s highly reliable accounting capabilities, eliminates duplicate usage records ensures delivery of all accounting data to your billing systems.
- Export CDRs – Our AAA solution seamlessly integrates with your accounting and billing systems. RADIUS accounting log files can be exported in spread sheets, xml, pdf and database formats using the Reports Tool.
- Header Support in Accounting Request Packets and CSV File – our AAA solution provides an option of including the header packet with all standard attributes and required vendor-specific attributes in the Accounting Request packet and CSV files. It also provides a configurable option to choose specific attributes to be written in the CSV file and delimiter for the attributes.
- Carrier Grade Reliability – Our AAA solution allows you to meet your stringent uptime requirements with reliable state-of-the-art features.
- IP Pool Management – Our AAA provides IP Pool Management to maintain a list of used and free IP addresses. An IP pool can be bound with a Network Access Server (NAS). IP addresses are allocated to the end-user from this pool. The status of the IP address changes as it is allocated and freed.
- Proxy AAA
- Proxy Forwarding based on Realm, ANI and DNIS Support
- Authentication Monitoring and Maintenance
- Authentication Broad Multi-Vendor Support and Integration
- Authentication Multi-Network Support