Diameter Signaling Router
NexNet Solutions offers a carrier-grade DSR that can be deployed as an IETF Diameter Agent, 3GPP Diameter Routing Agent (DRA) or GSMA Diameter Edge Agent (DEA).
Diameter traffic in the signaling and control plane of all-IP based networks is guaranteed to continue to increase, forcing operators to utilize Diameter signaling controllers to more efficiently manage and scale that traffic. As LTE networks expand, driving even more traffic to the network, the Diameter signaling controller market will take off rapidly: it is forecasted that a 106% compound annual growth rate in vendor revenue through 2016, in line with global growth in LTE networks and LTE subscribers.
Diameter Signaling Router centralizes routing, traffic management and load-balancing tasks to create an architecture that enables IMS and LTE networks to grow incrementally to support increasing service and traffic demands. The Diameter solution provides protocol mediation and interworking functions that allow to manage 2G/3G-to-LTE and LTE-to-LTE roaming seamlessly. And, as the first point of contact at the network’s edge, the DSR is the ideal vantage point from which to defend network against potential overloads or attacks.
NexNet Solutions offers an intelligent signaling framework that streamlines and routes all Diameter-based IP signaling communication within the LTE and IMS networks. It is compliant to IETF RFC 3588, 3GPP Diameter Routing Agent (DRA) and GSMA Diameter Edge agent (DEA) guidelines and enables simplify complex mesh and improve network performance, secure network topology and management through:
- Centralized Routing & efficiently managing the network traffic
- Interworking with legacy elements to ensure smooth interworking- peer to peer communication.
- Perform appropriate load balancing for desired load distribution and congestion control.
- Ensures intelligent message handling that allows flexible and accurate routing.
- Provide proxy, relay and redirect agent functions.
Features and Benefits:
- Improve IMS and LTE Diameter signaling performance and scalability
- Avoid vendor lock-in with the ability to interwork multivendor endpoints
- Reduce the cost of adding new network nodes
- Improve security and simplify routing at network interconnect point
- Support IMS Subscriber Locator Function (SLF) capability